Interested in Language
could you pls. tell me the meaning of very
'the very man' or 'this very moment'
1. Complete; absolute: at the very end of his career; the very opposite.
2. Being the same one; identical: the very question she asked yesterday.
3. Being particularly suitable or appropriate: the very item needed to increase sales.
4. Being precisely as stated: the very center of town.
5. Mere: The very thought is frightening.
6. Actual: caught in the very act of stealing.
7. Genuine; true: “Like very sanctity, she did approach” (Shakespeare).