Are the following phrases acceptable?
1. the sisterhood love
2. the intimacy in sisterhood
3. the intimate affection between/among sisters
4. The sisters are intimate to each other.
5. The girls keep a sort of sisterhood compassion.
6. good sisters
7. intimate sisters
8. sisters of intimate bond
(Not a Teacher)
1) 'sisterly love' (no 'the')
2) the intimacy of sisterhood
3) This is fine. However, it can imply a lesbian relationship, so be careful where and how you use it.
4) The sisters are intimate with each other. Again, this makes it sound like the sisters are in an incestuous, homosexual relationship.
5) The girls keep a sort of sisterly compassion.
7) If you decide to use this in a sentence, I'd recommend running it by a native speaker first.
8) I like 'intimately bonded sisters' a tad better.