• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

choose the correct words

Choose the correct answer for each blank. Type in the letter for the correct answer in the space provided.

There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer. Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. avoid) their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52) (A. eliminate B. hinder C. reduce D. diminish) fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) (A. by B. for C. to D. with) chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) (A. increase B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) (A. of B. to C. about D. through) exercise on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) (A. why B. where C. which D. whom) survival rate increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) (A. presented B. exposed C. shown D. displayed) that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) (A. with B. between C. within D. among) patients suffering from breast cancer. Previously it was (59) (A. believed B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) (A. thus B. therefore C. but D. since) evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how people think. Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely necessary for a patientís recovery.
    i choose the answer in red color but i am not sure of the anwer

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: choose the correct words

Quote Originally Posted by zaedsul View Post
    Choose the correct answer for each blank. Type in the letter for the correct answer in the space provided.

There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer. Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. avoid) their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52) (A. eliminate B. hinder C. reduce D. diminish) fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) (A. by B. for C. to D. with) chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) (A. increase B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) (A. of B. to C. about D. through) exercise on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) (A. why B. where C. which D. whom) survival rate increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) (A. presented B. exposed C. shown D. displayed) that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) (A. with B. between C. within D. among) patients suffering from breast cancer. Previously it was (59) (A. believed B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) (A. thus B. therefore C. but D. since) evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how people think. Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely necessary for a patient’s recovery.
    i choose the answer in red color but i am not sure of the anwer
    Most of your answers are wrong I'm afraid. Try again. (53 and 54 are correct)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Most of your answers are wrong I'm afraid. Try again. (53 and 54 are correct)

There is strong evidence that physical activity can help in the fight against cancer. Patients are turning to exercise in order to (51) (A. equip B. tackle C. attack D. avoid) their illness head-on. Regular workouts can help to (52) (A. eliminate B. hinder C. reduce D. diminish) fatigue and nausea, symptoms which are commonly associated (53) (A. by B. for C. to D. with) chemotherapy. They also improve muscle tone and stamina, (54) (A. increase B. heighten C. expand D. sustain) appetite and reduce cancer pain. One significant effect (55) (A. of B. to C. about D. through) exercise on cancer patients is its long-term recovery, (56) (A. why B. where C. which D. whom) survival rate increases by 50-60%. Most studies have (57) (A. presented B. exposed C. shown D. displayed) that the effect of exercise is most prominent (58) (A. with B. between C. within D. among) patients suffering from breast cancer. Previously it was (59) (A. believed B. assessed C. evaluated D. held) to be dangerous for cancer patients to exercise (60) (A. thus B. therefore C. but D. since) evidence of exercise on cancer has changed how people think. Many oncologists now believe that regular exercise is absolutely necessary for a patient’s recovery.
    i have gone through the answers deeply and change them but this is the best i can. if they are wrong could you please provide the right answers.
    Last edited by zaedsul; 10-Mar-2012 at 10:40.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

i have gone through the answers deeply and change them but this is the best i can. if they are wrong could you please provide the right answers.
    They are all OK except 58 and 60. Well done.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Some have more than one correct choice. You can tackle or attack. You can say something was held or it was believed.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

(58)with (60) assessed
    I hope they are correct.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

(58)with (60) assessed
    I hope they are correct.
    For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among". "assessed" is not one of the choices for 60.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among". "assessed" is not one of the choices for 60.

I do not understand your last post''For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among"''. For 60 i think since should be the right answer.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

I do not understand your last post''For 58 "with" is possible but so is "among"''. For 60 i think since should be the right answer.
    I mean that either of those words would fit the text. For 60, "but" is correct.