1. Yes, he was shocked1)In the first underlined, what kind of nuance does "hit" have? Was it a surprise or a shock?thick*-necked"
2)What does "mean? People with actual short and fat neck or any mental implication?You went to bed with a millionaire, but you woke up with me."?
3)What did he imply by "You could have had a chance to be rich by accepting the new job, but let's stay where we are??evelation"
4) The "rseems God's order or his own enlightenment about how valuable his present life is, What do you think?
2. It's a literal description. American football players are usually very large.
3. Yes, that was his way of telling her he was going to refuse the new job.
4. I don't think an angel sent him a message from God. Whether our inspirations and revelations about ourselves our from God or not is a personal thing. I wouldn't think that "revelation" means the person necessarily thinks it came from God.
Student or Learner