Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Lightbulb Can you help me check grammar and spelling my text ? Thank you !

Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I wanted to learn English well since a long time. But may I donít have a proper method for study English yet and I donít try to hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate ebooks to intensive study my favorite field. So , My skill of reading and understanding are quiet good. My current vocabulary , grammar , skill of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study with me. It is writing a text daily , the text is about something familiar or what happened on that day. It is as a diary. I hope you like it. After , I remember the text. By the way , I can increase my vocabulary and train my grammar. Additionally , I listen English Today DVD daily to increase skill of listening and pronounce English clearly.

Below is what happened on today. I got up at 7 oíclock. Iím really lazy, so this morning I didnít brush my teeth. Usually , I brush my teeth every morning. I had breakfast with noodle. Then I turned on my PC. Since a month ago , I have studied C# programming languag. Daily, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I already have food so I didnít have to go to market. I forgot to make my lunch at eleven fourteen , so I quickly made my lunch. Then I weared clothes and went to school by bicycl. Fortunately , I wasnít be lated. This afternoon , I learn Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went to back home at 16 oíclock , then I sleeped until thirty past nineteen. After that , I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened on today. This text is not very long. As you knew , I am a beginner.
    I hope you can help me check grammar and spelling this text. Additation, I want to make friend to everyone on the world.

Thanks for reading my topic. Thank a lot.

Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Switzerland
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland

Re: Can you help me check grammar and spelling my text ? Thank you !

Can you help me check my grammar and spelling in this text? Thank you ! you! (For punctuation marks: use no space following the word!)

Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I wanted to learn English well
    for a long time. But maybe I haven't had a proper method for study English yet and I haven’t tried too hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate e-books to intensify my self-study in my favorite field. So, my skills of reading and understanding are quite good. My current vocabulary, grammar, skills of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study by myself. It is writing a text every day; the text is about something about family life or what happened on that day. It is like a diary. I hope you like it. After writing, I can remember the text. In this way, I can increase my vocabulary and train my grammar. Additionally, I listen to English Today DVD every day to increase my skills of listening and pronouncing English clearly.

Below is what happened on today. I got up at 7 o’clock. I’m really lazy, so this morning I didn’t brush my teeth. Usually, I brush my teeth every morning. I had breakfast with noodle. Then I turned on my PC. Since a month ago I have been studying C# (CD?) programming language for a month. Every day, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I already had enough food at home so I didn’t have to go to market. I had forgotten to make my lunch at eleven fourteen, (fourteen past eleven?) so I quickly made my lunch. Then I put on my clothes and went to school by bicycle. Fortunately, I wasn’t late. This afternoon, I was studying Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went to back home at 16 o’clock, and then I was sleeping until thirty past nineteen seven in the evening. After that, I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened on today. This text is not very long. As you know, I am a beginner.
    I hope you can help me check my grammar and spelling in this text. Additionally, I want to make friends to everyone on the world.

februar, no teacher

3. Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by februar View Post
    Can you help me check my grammar and spelling in this text? Thank you ! you! (For punctuation marks: use no space following the word!)

Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I have wanted to learn English well
    for a long time. But maybe I haven't had a proper method for studying English yet and I havenít tried too hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate e-books to intensify my self-study in my favorite field. So, my skills of reading and understanding are quite good. My current vocabulary, grammar, skills of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study by myself. It is writing a text every day; the text is about something about family life or what happened on that day. It is like a diary. I hope you like it. After writing, I can remember the text. In this way, I can increase my vocabulary and train improve my grammar. Additionally, I listen to English Today DVD every day to increase my skills of listening and pronouncing English clearly.

Below is what happened on today. I got up at 7 oíclock. Iím really lazy, so this morning I didnít brush my teeth. Usually, I brush my teeth every morning. I had a breakfast with of noodles Then I turned on my PC. Since a month ago I have been studying C# (CD?) programming language for a month. Every day, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I already had enough food at home so I didnít have to go to market. I had forgotten to make my lunch at eleven fourteen, (fourteen past eleven?) so I quickly made my lunch. Then I put on my clothes and went to school by bicycle. Fortunately, I wasnít late. This afternoon, I was studying Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went to back home at 16 4 oíclock, and then I was sleeping ("slept" would be better in this context) until thirty past nineteen seven (or seven-thirty) in the evening After that, I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened on today. This text is not very long. As you know, I am a beginner.
    I hope you can help me check my grammar and spelling in this text. Additionally, I want to make friends to everyone on the world.

februar, no teacher

I hope you (februar) don't mind a few suggestions on top of your corrections.

Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Switzerland
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by billmcd View Post
    I hope you (februar) don't mind a few suggestions on top of your corrections.

Thank you very much billmcd for your contribution. It is greatly appreciated by me and certainly by all the others too.