Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
New Zealand
Hi there,

I have recently sent an email to a university professor and asked him for some information about a subject. He has asked me to remind him in a week. I want to reply to his last email and write a reminder letter as follows. I would like to send a respectful but not very formal email. Could you please help me in this?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dear ...,[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for your response. I am just sending this email as a reminder to our previous contacts [or correspondance]. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kind Regards,
Javad
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there,

I have recently sent an email to a university professor and asked him for some information about a subject. He has asked me to remind him in a week. I want to reply to his last email and write a reminder letter as follows. I would like to send a respectful but not very formal email. Could you please help me in this?

Dear ...,

Thanks for your response. I am just sending this email as a reminder to our previous contacts [or correspondance].

Kind Regards,
Javad

[AmE - not a teacher]

I think it's fine, but I would go with either "contact" (no "S") or correspondence, IMO. (note the spelling, unless it's a BrE thing?) Also, if he is quite busy, you might either include a forwarded/replied copy of the email, or refer to it here.

Thanks for your response. I am just sending this email as a reminder to our previous correspondence regarding <subject>.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's "correspondence" in BrE too.

Status