• Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

when out you came

This is from an American TV program, a woman has a dinner with John Basilone, who is a gunnery sergeant in US Marines. Does "when out you came" mean "when you came out"?

You know, I saw you once at the Brown Derby. Me and the girls were waiting to get in when you arrived with one of those blonde starlets on your arm. ... ... ... The line to get in was so long, I was still there when out you came, and back into the same limousine. And everyone said, " Ooh, aah. There goes John Basilone, the hero of Guadalcanal!."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: when out you came

Quote Originally Posted by Grayarea View Post
    This is from an American TV program, a woman has a dinner with John Basilone, who is a gunnery sergeant in US Marines. Does "when out you came" mean "when you came out"?

You know, I saw you once at the Brown Derby. Me and the girls were waiting to get in when you arrived with one of those blonde starlets on your arm. ... The line to get in was so long, I was still there when out you came, and back into the same limousine. And everyone said, " Ooh, aah. There goes John Basilone, the hero of Guadalcanal!."
    Yes, that's what it means.