English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please check the following paragraph.

One evening, while I was marking corrections on student’s composition at my desk, my daughter, in her third grade in junior high school, asked a nonsensical question of me. “Does the Alps Mountain Range locate in New Zealand?” At that moment, I could hardly believe what I have heard. While I was trying my best to restrain my fury and act as if nothing were on my mind, deep in my heart I was simmered with rage. I then calmly answered her back, “Who is your geography teacher? Why don’t you consult the map?” Consequently, I felt extremely depressed and frustrated about my daughter’s ignorance and negligence.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Please check the following paragraph.

One evening, while I was marking corrections on a student’s composition at my desk, my daughter, in her third grade in junior high school, asked a nonsensical question of me. “Does the Alps Mountain Range locate in New Zealand?” At that moment, I could hardly believe what I have heard. While I was trying my best to restrain my fury and act as if nothing were on my mind, deep in my heart I was simmered with rage. I then calmly answered her back, “Who is your geography teacher? Why don’t you consult the map?” Consequently, I felt extremely depressed and frustrated about my daughter’s ignorance and negligence.
That sounds like an extreme reaction to a geography question! I'd be more concerned about her English.
I'm not sure whether "negligence" works there.

Status
Not open for further replies.