English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please check the following paragraph.

Within two months, there will be a BC Test which is the criteria used to judge the qualification of a graduated junior high school student to enter which senior high school. However, she is still out of it. I had reproved her gently but seriously for being idleness, and advised her earnestly and kindly to study harder for the BC Test. The result? She doesn’t take it seriously and don’t even care. She never accepts any admonishment or sincere advice. I am deeply disappointed at my daughter’s headstrong. Therefore, I feel the weight down inside and don't know what to do for her.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Please check the following paragraph.

Within two months, there will be a BC Test which is the criterion for judging the qualification of a graduated junior high school student to enter the senior high school. However, she is still out of it (What exactly do you mean here?). I had reproved her gently but seriously for being idleness, and advised her earnestly and kindly to study harder for the BC Test. What is the result? She doesn’t take it seriously and don’t even care. She never accepts any admonishment or sincere advice. I am deeply disappointed at my daughter’s headstrong behavior. Therefore, I feel the weight down inside (Do you mean depressed?) and don't know what to do for her.

februar, no teacher

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Is the underlined part of the last sentence,"Therefore, I feel the weight down inside and don't know what to do for her" acceptable? It means "depressed." Is there a natural way to express this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.