• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • Liberia
      • Current Location:
      • United States

please help

I was ask to Revise each of the following sentences to correct the dangling phrase.

1. 1. No longer obsessed with being the first to report a story, information is now presented as entertainment.

2. 2.Trying to attract younger viewers, news is blended with comedy on late night talking shows.

3. 3. Highlighting local events, important international news stories may get overlooked.

4. 4.Chosen for their looks, the journalistic credentials of newscasters maybe weak.

5. 5. As an interactive medium, people can find information online that reinforces views they already hold.

And here are my answers,
    I need help....Thanks.
    1. 1. No longer obsessed by reporting the story first, it is now presented as entertainment.

2. 2. Late night talk shows blend news with comedy to attract younger viewers.

3. 3. Important international news may get overlooked when highlighting local events.

4. 4. Newscasters chosen for their looks may have weak journalistic credentials.

5. 5. People can find information online that reinforce views interactive mediums hold.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: please help

1. In your response, it (the news) is 'no longer obsessed...'. Absurd. How 'bout: News organizations are no longer obsessed with being first to report a story so information is now presented as entertainment.
    2. Good!
    3. Good!
    4. Good!
    5. People can find information online that reinforces views they already hold because the internet is an interactive medium.