English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Syria
hello dear teachers !
i am teaching English for adults at intermediate level , i want to plan a skill based lesson that integrates grammar.
my lesson plan involves telling the students a story about an adventure i had in a particular country when i was traveling with a group of friends. in that story i should insert examples of the intended structure which i decided too be
too+adjective+ to-infinitive such as in "it is too cold to go swimming"
the bottom line is that i need your help to compose such a story. therefore if you can refer me to such a story or help me compose it, I'll be grateful. thanks in advance

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I would think of it this way: give them an interesting task, with a few rules and a few areas of freedom, in which they must speak and/or write, and you don't have to "integrate grammar" as using the language already necessitates that.

driftwood

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please also teach them to use capital letters when they are required.
I suppose you have to teach yourself this point first. :roll:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Which skill/skills do you want to practise?

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
hello dear teachers !
i am teaching English for adults at intermediate level , i want to plan a skill based lesson that integrates grammar.
my lesson plan involves telling the students a story about an adventure i had in a particular country when i was traveling with a group of friends. in that story i should insert examples of the intended structure which i decided too be
too+adjective+ to-infinitive such as in "it is too cold to go swimming"
the bottom line is that i need your help to compose such a story. therefore if you can refer me to such a story or help me compose it, I'll be grateful. thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum :hi:
That's a good idea. You can also brainstorm some problems on the board and let them talk about them like: too many insects,rough cliffs, too much pollution etc. They can also end the conversation talking about if they'd like to repeat that experience or not. If not why? Where there too many problems? Willy-nilly they need the structures ( too,too much, too many...).
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.