Results 1 to 5 of 5
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2012
    • Posts: 3
    #1

    Definite time

    Is this sentence correct? In a timely article on this page on Friday, the columnist has addressed the vital question of how to equip the defence industry.

  1. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,134
    #2

    Re: Definite time

    Quote Originally Posted by shivam_87 View Post
    Is this sentence correct? In a timely article on this page on Friday, the columnist has addressed the vital question of how to equip the defence industry.
    The addressing of the vital question is clearly located in past time - Friday.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2012
    • Posts: 3
    #3

    Re: Definite time

    Does that mean we do not require "has"?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2012
    • Posts: 3
    #4

    Question Re: Definite time

    Quote Originally Posted by 5jj View Post
    The addressing of the vital question is clearly located in past time - Friday.
    Would it be sorrect to say, "In a timely article on this page on Friday, the columnist addressed the vital question of how to equip the defence industry."?

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,623
    #5

    Re: Definite time

    Quote Originally Posted by shivam_87 View Post
    Would it be sorrect to say, "In a timely article on this page on Friday, the columnist addressed the vital question of how to equip the defence industry."?
    Yes.

Similar Threads

  1. Apostrophe+s with weeks time, days time etc..
    By aachu in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2012, 18:49
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Oct-2010, 12:04
  3. [General] plenty of time/ample time/as if with some purpose/deliberately/
    By vil in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Aug-2009, 04:48
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Apr-2009, 14:01
  5. Which is the most definite?
    By enydia in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2009, 16:04

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •