None of them work for me I'm afraid.I am wondering if these conditional sentences are correct?
1. If he had not been drinking so much in the past, he would be in better health now.
2. If the weather were not good, she would stay at home reading books.
3. Had the government followed advice of the expert, they would not end up in difficulties today.
4. He often asked himself were it not better for his well-being if he had chosen another job.
5. If they had helped him when he was young, he would probably live happier life today.
or (should i say, he would probably have lived happier life today)?
Student or Learner