Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Please advise if it is correct or not.

I am in receipt your notice reference # 2/82 dated 29-01-2000 regarding the non filing of Income tax return for the tax year 2001, I would like to say that I regularly my pay taxes and yearly file my income tax did not fail to do so. The income tax acknowledgement is being enclosed for your information.
My main income for the tax year 2001 were profit on PLS account(Bank) and dividend income from public limited companies which was below to Rs.100,000/-. It was mandatory for the tax payer who earned Rs.100,000/- or more should be filed their wealth tax statement alsongwith wealth reconciliation statement. So I was not liable to submit wealth tax statement, so that reason you did know what has been added and deleted in my wealth during the year 2001.

Please note that my old car was total damaged in an accident subsequently filed the claim to insurance company and received the claim amount. The car (new) was purchased that amount I received from insurance company and some short fall injected from my source. So there is no new acquisition of car but a trade in with my old car. So therefore I have no intention to conceal any things from you now nor in the past and will in future, the caption matter in deal under the head of trade in not a new acquisition because I received the amount against our lost car and replace it with new one.
I hope it will be clarify the quires

Last edited:

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: insurance

Yeah, but that old car was a piece of junk anyway. You're better off without it.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Here is the first one. I am afraid I did not rally understand what you wanted to say in the last sentence, underlined.
I am in receipt of your notice reference # 2/82 dated 29-01-2000 regarding the non-filing of [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] income tax return for the tax year 2001,. I would like to say that I regularly [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] pay my taxes and [STRIKE]yearly[/STRIKE] file my income tax return, and did not fail to do so this year. The income tax acknowledgement is [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] enclosed for your information.
My main sources of income for the tax year 2001 were profit on my PLS account(Bank) and dividend income from public limited companies, which was below [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] Rs.100,000/-. It was mandatory for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] taxpayers who earned Rs.100,000/- or more [STRIKE]should [/STRIKE][STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] to file[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] their wealth tax statement al[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]ong with a wealth reconciliation statement., [STRIKE]S[/STRIKE]so I was not liable to submit wealth tax statement,. so that reason you did know what has been added and deleted in my wealth during the year 2001.
I'll come back and look at the second one later, unless somebody else does it first.

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please note that my old car was [STRIKE]total damaged[/STRIKE] completely written off in an accident. I subsequently filed [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a claim [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with a/my insurance company and received the [STRIKE]claim[/STRIKE] amount claimed. [STRIKE]The car (new) was purchased that amount I received from insurance company and some short fall injected from my source.[/STRIKE] I used the money from the insurance company in part-payment for a new car; the new car cost more than I received, and I made up the difference from my own resources. [STRIKE].[/STRIKE][STRIKE] So there is no new acquisition of car but a trade in with my old car. [/STRIKE] This was therefore not the acquisition of a new car, but the replacement of my written-off car. [STRIKE]So therefore I have no intention to conceal any things from you now nor in the past and will in future[/STRIKE], I have at no time intended any concealment, nr will I conceal anything in the future. [STRIKE]the caption matter in deal under the head of trade in not a new acquisition because I received the amount against our lost car and replace it with new one.[/STRIKE] I think you mean: This does not come in the category of 'new aquisition' because it was the replacement of the written-off car by a new one, using the money received for for the written-off car.
[STRIKE]I hope it will be clarify the quires[/STRIKE] I hope this clarifies the issue.

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.