Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I go on holiday every year either in the mountains or to the seaside. In Italy we have a two week holiday for Christmas and three months in the summer.
I go to the mountains particularly in winter when it snows because I like skiing very much.
Unfortunately it’s two years since I last went to the mountains because I had to take part in swimming competitions.
I don’t like going to the mountains in the summer because I don’t like going for long walks, going trekking or climbing.
I like going to the seaside a lot because summer is my favourite time of the year; I have no school and it’s almost always sunny.
I usually go on holiday with my parents and my sister.
We went on holiday in Italy and abroad (France), but never outside Europe.
We usually stay in a hotel or in a camping site. Once we rented a house. Staying in hotel is more comfortable (you can have your private bathroom and you have your meals ready) but in a camping site you are free to eat when you want and what you want. You have to do everything on your own. I think the best accommodation is a rented house: it’s comfortable and you can do what you want.
We travel by car, train, by boat. I have never been on a plane so far.
I go to Corsica almost every year. I go there with my family and my relatives : my parents, my sister, my aunt Michela, my uncle Antonio, my cousins Alice and Eleonora and my grandparents on my mother’s side.
We usually stay in a camping site; we sleep in tents with two sleeping areas; some years ago the wind flew our tent off and we had to sleep in the car!!! If you want to sleep in a tent, you should buy a good one, which is designed for strong winds.
Some years ago we rented a house, which was very big and beautiful with a fantastic view on the sea.
I have always had a great time in Corsica, where I can do a lot of interesting activities, like diving, going hunting octopus with my uncle using a harpoon, going beachcoming, collecting shells, moving from tree to tree, clambering and walking along bridges and going up ladders, which are made of ropes and which link trees in the acrobatic adventure parks on the island.
My dad and I like walking on a rope clinging to another rope.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
    • My holidays (2)
  • I go on holiday every year either to the mountains or to the seaside. In Italy we have [STRIKE] a[/STRIKE] two weeks’ holiday for Christmas and three months in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] summer.
    I go to the mountains particularly in winter when it snows because I like skiing very much.
    [STRIKE]Unfortunately[/STRIKE] It’s been two years since I last went to the mountains because I had to take part in swimming competitions.
    I don’t like going to the mountains in summer because I don’t like (Or: I don't enjoy) going for long walks, going trekking or climbing. I like going to the seaside a lot, especially in summertime, because this is my favourite (Am = favorite) time of the year; I have no school and it’s almost always sunny.

I usually go on holiday with my parents and my sister.
    We went on holiday to Italy and [STRIKE]abroad (France)[/STRIKE] France but never outside Europe.

We usually stay in a hotel or in a camping site. Once we rented a house. Staying in a hotel is more comfortable (you can have your private bathroom and you have your meals ready) but in a camping site you are free to eat whenever you want and whatever you want. On the other hand, you have to do everything on your own.

I think the best accommodation is a rented house: it’s comfortable and you can do what you want.
    We travel by car, train, or by boat. I have never been on a plane so far.

I go to Corsica almost every year. I go there with my family and my relatives: my parents, my sister, my aunt Michela, my uncle Antonio, my cousins Alice and Eleonora and my grandparents on my mother’s side.

[STRIKE]We usually[/STRIKE] When we stay in a camping site; we sleep in tents with two sleeping areas; some years ago the wind flew our tent off and we had to sleep in the car!!! If you want to sleep in a tent, you should buy a good one, which is designed for strong winds.

Some years ago we rented a house, which was very big and beautiful with a fantastic view of the sea.
    I have always had a great time in Corsica, where I can do a lot of interesting activities, like diving or hunting octopuses with my uncle using a harpoon; going beachcombing, collecting shells, moving from tree to tree, clambering and walking along bridges and going up ladders, which are made of ropes and which link trees in the acrobatic adventure parks on the island.
    My dad and I like walking on a rope clinging to another rope.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thanks a lot Februar. I hope you'll have enough time and urge to check my holiday 1 and 3, too.
Bye. Rip

Status
Not open for further replies.