Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
Anguilla
Current Location
Bangladesh
I want to take IELTS on my behalf, but I am not ready for it and I've tried to make listening task, but unfortunately I have done lots of mistakes.
Open this link IELTS Listening test, part 2 - Free practice
There's lisening task. For example "Who has already visited Greece?" My selection was "parents", but system corrects it to "Susan's parents". I chose "parents" Is it big mistake? Is a big mistake during IELTS? Sorry for talkin non-sense... :)

In that, If have done any mistake please correct me :up: cause I used to talk in incorrect English language now I'm trying to become inteligent^^ :D

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I want to take IELTS [STRIKE]on my behalf[/STRIKE] on my own (with no help from a teacher), but I am not ready for it. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I've tried to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] do a listening [STRIKE]task[/STRIKE]exercise, but unfortunately I have [STRIKE]done[/STRIKE] made lots of mistakes.

Open this link IELTS Listening test, part 2 - Free practice

There's a listening task. For example, for "Who has already visited Greece?" my selection was "parents", but the system corrects it to "Susan's parents". I chose "parents". Is it a big mistake? Is it a big mistake during IELTS? Sorry for talking [STRIKE]non-sense[/STRIKE]nonsense. :)

[STRIKE]In that, If have done any mistake[/STRIKE] If I have made any mistakes in this post, please correct them [STRIKE]:up:[/STRIKE] because I am used to [STRIKE]talk in[/STRIKE] speaking incorrect English language, but now I'm trying to become intelligent[STRIKE]^^ :D[/STRIKE]

1. You're not unintelligent just because you can't speak English!
2. I couldn't listen to the audio but in my opinion, the fact that it was "Susan's parents" who visited Greece is quite important. Simply saying "parents" doesn't show that you totally understood the spoken text and it also wouldn't make a natural English sentence (we don't say "Parents already visited Greece". If you said that, someone would ask "Whose parents?"
3. I have made corrections to your post in red. Please read them carefully. You particularly need to concentrate on your use of articles.

arnasarutis21

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
Anguilla
Current Location
Bangladesh
Thanks for correction sir,
I don't know why, but I have been making the same mistakes for a really long time. One of the biggest problem is that I forget to put/type "g" letter in the end of any word which ends with "g" letter or I forget the differencies between "make and do". Your profile says that you are retired English language teacher and I hope that you are able to help me and please advise me how to learn correct English language? What kind of learning sources should I use? Please advise my how to prepare for IELTS on my own. And one more question. Is this post is better than last? :) I appreciate your job sir. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is a very quick reply because I am very busy. Your second post was much better than your first though there are some mistakes (which I'm sure someone else will correct).

Also, try not to address everyone here as Sir. We are not all male. I am also not a retired English teacher, I just don't do it as my full-time job any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.