Interested in Language
I understand that articles are used according to the following conditions.
1. Indefinite articles - 'a' and 'an'
- singular countable noun (not specific)
2. Definite article - 'the'
- plural noun
- people, things or animals which are specific or exact
- only one such thing (eg: the sky, the Rex Cinema)
- names of places, mountains, oceans and so on
- talking about the same thing the second time
- superlative form
3. Zero Article
- common nouns
- names of people, places and countries (proper noun)
- abstract nouns
I'm confused with the article 'the' and zero article (in blue). Rex Cinema is considered as a proper noun, how can I differentiate whether 'the' should be used.
And what about the following:
1. Taj Mahal
2. Mount Everest
3. White House
Thanks for the help.