Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Can any one give me a summary about Tofel and Ilets ?
How can I pass them ?
Although my English is not very good but I want to pass them by studying at home with out courses ,it is possible?
Please any one can help me ,do not late......:-|

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In theory, it is possible, but these are high level exams, so it will take a long time to get to the level. Also, without taking a course, you may find some parts very difficult as you won't get feedback- the writing tasks, for example. To be honest, I would recommend taking courses over self-study.

Faten.88

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Thanks alot for your advice.I will try to take courses and pass this exam.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can any one give me a summary about [STRIKE]Tofel[/STRIKE] TOEFL and [STRIKE]Ilets[/STRIKE] IELTS?
How can I pass them?
Although my English is not very good, [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] I want to pass them by studying at home [STRIKE]with out[/STRIKE] without taking courses. [STRIKE]it is[/STRIKE] Is it possible?
Please, can [STRIKE]any one[/STRIKE] anyone [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] help me? [STRIKE]do not late.....[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]
[/STRIKE]

Thanks [STRIKE]alot[/STRIKE] a lot for your advice. I will try to take courses and pass this exam.

As you can see from the amendments I have made to your two posts above, there are some areas you need to concentrate on with your written English, particularly if you wish to teach the language in the future.

- Capitalisation
- Punctuation
- Spacing around punctuation (ie no space before a question mark)
- Word order

Good luck with your studies. Before you apply for either course, make sure that you get the order of letters in the titles correct:

TOEFL (not Teofl)
IELTS (not Ilets)

Faten.88

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Thanks a lot for your observations. I will do my better and I hope that the team of Using English will help me. There are some mistakes become as a habit and we do it without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.