Student or Learner
No article is needed before bed, church, court,hospital, prison, school, college, university, etc. when these are used for their primary purpose.
- She stayed in bed on Sunday instead of going to church.
- The dissatisfied customer threatened to take him to court.
If, however, they are used for any other purposes, the is required.
- She sat on the bed while she changed her socks.
- He entered the church to photograph its interior.
They are OK!
But, I couldn't figure out whether ''the'' is required in the sentence I have written below or not.
1) I want to go to church which is at the end of the street.
2) I want to go to the church which is at the end of the street.
Which one is OK? Is with 'the' or without 'the?