Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I want your help to learn some phrases and words which can be used to shout my subordinates.

Please help me with some sentences that expressing real anger.

Thanks

:)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Really? Is it common in your culture to shout angrily at your subordinates? Do you see that as an effective management technique? A way to increase morale, productivity, and engagement in your workforce?

I, for one, have no desire to help you be more grammatical in being rude to anyone, whether a peer, a family member, or an employee. I'm actually tempted to use my moderator powers to delete the posts of anyone who does.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I were one of your subordinates and knew you were asking such a question, I would certainly be looking for a way to express my real anger towards you instead.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If they have breached the terms of their contracts, use the disciplinary procedures in place. If they have not but things are going so badly that anger is in the air, then the first place to look at is the management that has allowed things to get to this state. Shouting is normally a sign of weakness not strength. Volume does not increase communication.

Keralite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Its so amazing that you have taken it in a negative way. My intention was to learn few words which can be used to express our dissatisfaction or our grief. I have mentioned that the words I want to use against my subordinates. Truly speaking I don't have any subordinates and it is not our culture to use shouting in anger to the colleagues but there are some exceptional people who uses such a language. In fact I have had the experience of hearing hurting words and quips from some people who knows English very well and they think that they are very educated and intelligent because they speak English very well. I wanted to learn some words which I can be used if I feel I am hurt or if some ill-mannered people use such rash language against me . If you feel that I have misbehaved in this forum by asking such a help, I am terribly sorry.I never thought of you will take it so seriously and negatively . I just wanted to some new words from this forum, it was not my intention to hurt anyone's feeling. please accept my apologies. And I would like to know how will you react if your boss blame you for some mistakes or errors for which you are not at all responsible.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's so amazing that you have taken it in a negative way. My intention was to learn a few words which can be used to express our dissatisfaction or our grief. I have mentioned that they are words I want to use against my subordinates. Truly speaking, I don't have any subordinates and it is not our culture to use shouting in anger to [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]our colleagues but there are some exceptional people who [STRIKE]uses[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]use[/STRIKE] such [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] language. In fact, I have had the experience of hearing hurting and quips from some people who [STRIKE]knows[/STRIKE] know English very well and they think that they are very educated and intelligent because they speak English very well. I wanted to learn some words which I can [STRIKE]be used[/STRIKE] use if I feel I am hurt or if some ill-mannered people use such rash language against me thinking that I [STRIKE]will give them[/STRIKE] won't answer back because I lack the knowledge in English. If I you feel that I have misbehaved in this forum by asking such [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] help, I am terribly sorry. I never thought [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] that you [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would take it so seriously and negatively. I just wanted to learn some new words from this forum, it was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Please accept my apologies.

Thank you for clarifying what you wanted. Your original post certainly sounded like you wanted to know how/what you should shout at your subordinates. I'm sure next time you ask a question, you will be a little more careful how you write it.

If someone says something hurtful to you and makes you upset, I would still not recommend shouting back at them. In fact, I find that the reverse is true. I would speak very slowly and quietly back to them, saying something like "Please don't speak to me like that. I have been hurt by what you said and I request that you apologise immediately. There is no reason to shout at anyone and no reason to upset anyone."

Please note the amendments I have made to your post, marked in red above.

Keralite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you so much for the help....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.