• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

asking the explanation of sentences in a simple language

Rachmaninov ,as every one knows , used to get mad with people who thought his C-sharp minor prelude described a man nailed into his coffin on insufficient medical evidence , who kept banging on the lid to attract passers by. Rachmaninov said this was rubbish. He simply had the idea of writing a prelude ,selected a key ,and wrote it. Why he couldn't have selected an easier key is neither here nor there ,and opens up that old mystery for halting execuants, viz. what have all other keys got that the key of C-hasn't ? But i realize that this is the lower criticism , and a subordinate theme at that.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: asking the explanation of sentences in a simple language

Quote Originally Posted by mona23193 View Post
    Rachmaninov, as every one everyone knows, used to get mad with people who thought his C-sharp minor prelude described a man nailed into his coffin on insufficient medical evidence, who kept banging on the lid to attract passers by. Rachmaninov said this was rubbish. He simply had the idea of writing a prelude, selected a key, and wrote it. Why he couldn't have selected an easier key is neither here nor there, and opens up that old mystery for halting execuants, viz. what have all other keys got that the key of C hasn't? But I realize that this is the lower criticism, and a subordinate theme at that.
    I'm not sure what your question is. Your title suggests that you want us to rewrite the piece in simpler language. We don't do that. That is your task. Please try to do this yourself first and then we will comment.

Additionally, please look at the spacing you use around commas. Your piece was difficult to read because you have the space on the wrong side of the comma. As you can see, I have corrected them all in red. You type the last letter of a word, then immediately write the comma, then a space and then the next word. We do not put a space before a question mark.