Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Hi ,

I am learning prepositions in English. I am just wondering is there a way I can easily learn them such as which prepositions followed by which verbs, nouns and adjectives. I prefer a table with examples.

Or tell me is there a single grammar rule to learn them.

Thanks in advance
(Please correct my grammar if I made any mistakes in above sentences)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I am learning prepositions in English. I am just wondering [STRIKE]is there[/STRIKE] if there is a way I can easily learn them, [STRIKE]such as[/STRIKE] ie which prepositions follow[STRIKE]ed by[/STRIKE] which verbs, nouns and adjectives. I would prefer a table with examples.

Or can you tell me [STRIKE]is there[/STRIKE] if there is a single grammar rule to learn them?

Thanks in advance.
(Please correct my grammar if I made any mistakes in above sentences.)

Good luck! I'm sorry to tell you that there is no easy way to learn prepositions. They are one of the hardest aspects of the language and are rarely logical. It really is a case of just spotting them when you read or listen to English and getting used to them.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, English Learner:

I think that many people had to chuckle (a little, friendly laugh) when they read your question. We all wish that there were a chart

showing the "correct" prepositions.

Have you checked out the thread entitled "Preposition" started by Keen Learner? Please do so ASAP (as soon as possible).

Someone once said something like "Prepositions are the glue of the English language." As you know, using glue is a messy matter,

but it is necessary to use it.

The best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.