Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: May 2007
    • Posts: 664
    #1

    Cool through the beaches?

    Hi,

    Can I say: We drove from XX to YY through the beaches. XX and YY are cities. I mean instead of taking asphalted roads we traveled exlusively on the beaches.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 12,310
    #2

    Re: through the beaches?

    I'd say drive along.

  1. Calis's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Dec 2011
    • Posts: 172
    #3

    Re: through the beaches?

    I wouldn't say through the beaches; I'd say "we drove from X to Y on the beaches".
    And another thing, why are you driving on beaches?

    [Not a teacher]

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,843
    #4

    Re: through the beaches?

    I would say "We drove along the beach from XXX to YYY". I am curious as to where there is somewhere that you can drive from one city to another by driving on sand.

  3. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,134
    #5

    Re: through the beaches?

    We used to be able to do that, at least part of the way, in Oman, and I do mean beaches, not desert.
    Last edited by 5jj; 20-Apr-2012 at 22:20. Reason: typo

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: May 2007
    • Posts: 664
    #6

    Re: through the beaches?

    In Brazil. From Natal to Fortaleza, 550 km, however only 70% of the route is on /along the beaches. The other 30% are on asfalted or dirt roads due to the cliffs and rocks by the sea.

Similar Threads

  1. The beaches perfect
    By Over the top in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2012, 11:54

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •