Hello,

This is the task instruction for a homework assignment:
'You are going to participate in a young writers competition. You still have some questions concerning the deadline and the form in which the text should be presented. You want to know if you can send them your essay on CD. Write a letter to the organizers of the competition and ask for more information.'

This is the letter turned in by a student:
'Dear, Mr. Brown
I am writing to request detailed information about a (I think 'the' would be the right choice here) competition of young writers that Iím going to participate in. I have some questions I would like to ask.

The first thing I would like to know is the exact deadline of receiving for submitting works (I am not sure about the word 'works', maybe 'entries'?). It is rather (I think 'very" would do) important information for me, because I need to know how much time I have at my disposal.

Secondly, it would help if you tell me about the form in which the text should be presented. Surely, there is a certain text style and I would appreciate it if you give me circumstantial information about how to get the text up properly.

Finally, I would also like to know whether it is possible to send you my essay on CD. Or do I need to send it by mail in the written form?

Thanking you in advance for this information.
I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and help.

Yours sincerely,
Inna Usacheva.