[General] "any journal references that do not have a blue link"? What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubezero3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, everyone.

I was reading the response for an article. In the end of the pdf file they sent me, there was a list of queries regarding various parts of the article. In the main body of the article, there are a series of marks in blue named Q.1, Q.2 and so forth, corresponding to the list of queries.

I have no idea as to what query 10 tries to say. So I will put them down here and will be very glad if you can tell me what it is about.

Author:please check the details for any journal references that do not have a blue link as they may contain some incorrect information. Pale purple links are used for references to arXiv e-prints.

At the end of this article, there is a list of nine references. The mark Q.10 is right beside the title "Reference". But I can't see any blue link. Nor can I see any pale purple ones.

Many thanks

Richard

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: "any journal references that do not have a blue link"? What does this mean?

The use of colored links in pdfs is not a standard part of the English language.

You need to ask the people who wrote the article.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Re: "any journal references that do not have a blue link"? What does this mean?

Maybe none of the references in that particular file have links- if they're all books or papers, they might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.