Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello dear teachers. I am looking for a standard scale for writing correction for my dissertation. Can anybody help me with it?
Thanks in advance.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I am perhaps being a little dense here, but I don't know what you are looking for. What do you mean by a 'standard scale for correction'?

navid.max

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Well, I mean that there should be something based on which the writing skill is corrected and graded. I am looking for that standard thing based on which the writing is corrected and graded.
Does TOEFL and IELTS have any correction scales? What are the important criteria for writing correction?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Well, I mean that there should be something based on which the writing skill is corrected and graded. I am looking for that standard thing based on which the writing is corrected and graded.
Does TOEFL and IELTS have any correction scales? What are the important criteria for writing correction?
There are criteria for the marking (not correction) of English Language examinations, but these would not be relevant for a dissertation. You need to find out from the institution which will be assessing your dissertation what their requirements are about language standards.

navid.max

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
There are criteria for the marking (not correction) of English Language examinations, but these would not be relevant for a dissertation. You need to find out from the institution which will be assessing your dissertation what their requirements are about language standards.
Dear Sjj. There should be a standard writing for grading writing in international English exams like TOEFL or IELTS.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Dear Sjj. There should be a standard writing for grading writing in international English exams like TOEFL or IELTS.

Different exams will have their own standards. There will be many similarities, but they will reflect their syllabuses and needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.