Is it correc to say, 'questions about ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teachers,
Is it correc to say, 'questions about the subject of a sentence' according to the sentence below?
Who visted you yesterday?
Mary (did).
Is it correc to say, 'questions about the object of a sentence' according to the sentence below?
Who did you visit yesterday?
I visited John.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi teachers,
Is it correc to say, 'questions about the subject of a sentence' according to the sentence below?
Who visted you yesterday?
Mary (did).
Is it correc to say, 'questions about the object of a sentence' according to the sentence below?
Who did you visit yesterday?
I visited John.

Thanks in advance.

1) Check your spelling of correct.
2) When you say "Is it correct to say ...?" do you mean that you are planning to simply put the words "Questions about the subject of a sentence" at the top of a list of questions?

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
1) Check your spelling of correct. Thank you. This one happened because while I was writing it the phone rang and I didn't pay much attention. But as always I appreciate your corrections.
2) When you say "Is it correct to say ...?" do you mean that you are planning to simply put the words "Questions about the subject of a sentence" at the top of a list of questions? Not really. It is at the top of a chart where explains how to write information questions with who.

In fact, I have another mistake, 'Who visited you yesterday?'

L54:oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.