Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello,

Could you correct these sentences, please? How does an American English speaker usually say this?

I live a long way from the factory.
Mary lives near to a large park. She often takes her son out for a walk in the park. On Saturdays her sister Ann usually comes to stay with (at) Mary(') on/at/for/over the weekend(s).
This is a letter from my sister. I am going to answer(to) it now.(I think I should remove 'to')
She is coming to Paris.

What are you going to do at/on/ for /over the weekend(s)? We are going to paris on/at/for/over the weekend(s).

Are you going to stay here for/at /on/over the weekend(s)?

My text-book says that either near to or near is correct.

Thanks

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

Could you correct these sentences, please? How does an American English speaker usually say this?

I live a long way from the factory. OK
Mary lives near [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] a large park. She often takes her son out for a walk in the park. On Saturdays her sister Ann usually comes to stay with [STRIKE](at)[/STRIKE] Mary[STRIKE](')[/STRIKE] on/[STRIKE]at/[/STRIKE]for/over (any of these but not "at") the weekend[STRIKE](s).
[/STRIKE]This is a letter from my sister. I am going to answer[STRIKE](to)[/STRIKE] it now.(I think I should remove 'to') Yes.
She is coming to Paris. OK

What are you going to do [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE]/on/ for /over the weekend[STRIKE](s)[/STRIKE]? We are going to Paris on/[STRIKE]at[/STRIKE]/for/over the weekend[STRIKE](s).
[/STRIKE].Are you going to stay here for/[STRIKE]at /[/STRIKE]on/over the weekend(s)?

My text-book says that either near to or near is correct. Not always. Depends on context. Thanks

b.

Status
Not open for further replies.