• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malay
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Unhappy help me to identify the error...

This is my pupil's essay. And, i choose this as my assignment on error analysis. But, i am not good enough in analyse the error.. please help me... tqvm..

The story that I like best

My name is Nadia. I am twelfth years old. I studied at SK Jengka 10. My hobbies is watching cartoon and movie. My parents always bring me to the cinemas to watch movie or cartoon if them is not busy.
    Last Friday, them brought me to the TGV. My father wants to buy tickets for us. We will watch a cartoon movie. The title is Upin and Ipin: Gang. The cartoon was one of my feveret story. It tell us about the boys names Upin and her brother Ipin. Those they live happily together with sister, Kak Rose and grandmother.
    This time the story talk about walk to forest. They wanteds to eat durian in the orchard. Then, they sees a alien eat the durian. Upin and ipin run and run to get the alien but they fails. They got so sad and go home in the evening. I like the story Upin and Ipin because they are cute and a good boy.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: help me to identify the error...

Quote Originally Posted by GreaTeacher Suriyati View Post
    This is my pupil's essay and (no comma) I chose this as my assignment on error analysis. But However, I am not good enough in to analyse it the for errors. Please help me. tqvm.. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
    Welcome to the forum.

I am rather concerned about this, your first post. According to your profile you are an English teacher. As you can see above, I have marked in red the errors in your own writing and that is why I have not even started on your pupil's work.

If you are not good enough at English to look at a pupil's piece of work and find the errors in it, how are you going to teach your pupils better English? If you cannot spot the basic errors in your own piece (ie your non-capitalisation of the word "I") then you should not be analysing other people's work.

As for the "tqvm" at the end of your post, I can only assume that it is a very strange attempt at some kind of text speak abbreviation meaning "thank you very much". Please note that we don't use non-standard English on this site. Learners need to see correctly written words, punctuation and capitalisation at all times, especially from teachers.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malay
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I am rather concerned about this, your first post. According to your profile you are an English teacher. As you can see above, I have marked in red the errors in your own writing and that is why I have not even started on your pupil's work.

If you are not good enough at English to look at a pupil's piece of work and find the errors in it, how are you going to teach your pupils better English? If you cannot spot the basic errors in your own piece (ie your non-capitalisation of the word "I") then you should not be analysing other people's work.

As for the "tqvm" at the end of your post, I can only assume that it is a very strange attempt at some kind of text speak abbreviation meaning "thank you very much". Please note that we don't use non-standard English on this site. Learners need to see correctly written words, punctuation and capitalisation at all times, especially from teachers.
    Thank you for correcting my error.

I am sorry for that. Maybe because I am teaching primary school (7 years old pupils) so that I always use simple sentence and not the compound sentence. I am facing difficulties when I further my studies for TESL. I know this is embarrassing for a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

And, i choose this as my assignment on error analysis. But, i am not good enough in analyse the error.. please help me...
    I sympathise with your problem, but it is forum policy not to help with assignments. Your teacher/tutor/supervisor wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Thank you for correcting my error.

I am sorry for that. Maybe because I am teaching primary school (7 years old pupils) so that I always use simple sentence and not the compound sentence. I am facing difficulties when I further my studies for TESL. I know this is embarrassing for a teacher.
    Using simple sentences with your students is fine, especially at that age. However, it is of course preferable if you have the ability to construct more complicated sentences, still using correct capitalisation, punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Why don't you post that pupil's essay again and show us what errors you can spot and how you would correct them? Then we can have a look at your analysis. You are the teacher - you can't just post your pupils' work here for us to correct every time!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Malay
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Okay, I'll try my best. Perhaps, I learn something new here. I found some errors in this essay. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

My name is Nadia. I am
    twelfth (twelve) years old. I studied (studies) at SK Jengka 10. My hobbies is (are) watching cartoon and movie. My parents always bring me to the cinemas to watch movie or cartoon if them is (they are) not busy. Last Friday, them
    (they)
    brought me to the TGV. My father wants
    (wanted) to buy tickets for us (I think the error is word choice)
    We will watch
    a cartoon movie. The title is Upin and Ipin: Gang. The cartoon was one of my
    feveret
    (favorite)
    story. It
    tell (told) us about the boys names Upin and her
    (his)
    brother Ipin. Those they
    (They are living)
    live happily together with sister, Kak Rose and grandmother.
    This time (no need to write) the story (The story was about their journey in the forest.) talk about walk to forest. They wanteds
    (wanted) to eat durian in the orchard. Then, they sees (saw an alien) alien eat (ate) the durian. Upin and ipin run and run to get the alien but they fails (fail). They got (was) so sad and go home in the evening. I like the story Upin and Ipin because they are cute and a good boy (good boys).