Could you help me and correct the following sentences? It's the type of task
swhere you have to rewrite a sentence s, using a certain given word:
(I inserted the words in bold, the rest is given)
1. We sometimes argue, but I get on well with him most of the time.
Despite the fact that we argue sometimes, usually (no comma) I get on well with him.
2. My friends are the most important thing in my life.
My friends mean more to me than anything else.
3. I only just managed to win the race.
I won the race (no comma) but it was a close thing.
4. There's been a great improvement in Hannah's relationship with her sister
Hannah's relationship with her sister has improved by leaps and bounds.
5. That is the most outrageous suggestions I've ever heard!
I've never heard such an outrageous suggestion in my life! (no full stop required)
6. No-one could deny that he had won all the international competitions.
HeIt was undisputed that he had won all the competitions in the world.
7. The music was so loud that she couldn't understand what he was saying.
She couldn't make out
waswhat he was saying because of the loud music. (with the corrected word)
8. The opinion of parents often has less effect on children as they grow older.
As children grow older, parental influences
aretend to decline.
Thank you very much in advance.
btwBy the way, thatthis is not homework, I'm just doing it for practice.
Student or Learner