See above.Hello again,
I did another set of exercise. Could somebody correct the following sentences? It's the type of tasks where you have to rewrite a sentences, using a certain given word: (I inserted the words in bold, the rest is given)
1. It would have been a disaster for him to be made responsible.
If he had been put
the responsibilityin charge, there would haven been serious consequences.
2. I think it would be better to get on as fast as possible.
I'd prefer us to
gainmake as much progress as we can.
3. I wish he would learn to make his own breakfast.
It's high time he learnt to make breakfast for himself. although there is no reason to change the end of the sentence. You could have simply said "It's high time he learnt to make his own breakfast".
4. If only I had travelled more widely when I had the chance.
I wish I had taken
tothe chance to travel more widely.
5. I feel I must say how worried I am about the proposed changes.
I wish to express my concern over the proposed changes.
6. She thinks it would be better if he discovered the answer for himself.
She'd prefer it if he found the answer for himself.
7. I'd be happier if you kept it a secret.
I'd rather you didn't tell anyone.
8. I'd prefer to be given the chance to work with other people.
I think it would be better if I was allowed to work in a team. Yes and no. You will hear this, but you will also find some people who insist on "if I were allowed to..."
Thanks a lot!
Student or Learner