Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I am a member of this forum for more than two years and found the best place to learn English and I was aways from here a few months ago. When again I was back here, I can see a silence here. No thread being answered ...alll seems like zero reply....

Thanks
Gauri

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The 'Ask a Teacher' forum is very active.

As we often tell people, few members have the time or inclination to proofread/correct essays. You are welcome to post your writing here, but we cannot guarantee that anyone will respond. As Tdol wrote recently:

"People can submit writing and people may make corrections or comments. But not always. Correcting writing takes time and is not a particularly popular activity among the teachers who are on the forum- many of them have plenty of that to do at work and don't want to do more when they are relaxing on language forums.

I never correct writing. I used to, but it took up too much time and I spend much of my free time on the site anyway, so I decided a few years ago not to correct any more writing. There are many other teachers who do the same, some who correct occasionally and a few who will often correct writing.

However, if you're after proofreading, then going for a paid service that will give you dedicated time may be a better idea. Posting a ten-thousand word essay and saying it's urgent and expecting volunteers who are in the forum to discuss language to correct it in a hour is not very realistic.

If you post writing, it may get answers, but this is not guaranteed. There is no urgent turn-around time. We are volunteers and mostly prefer discussing language to correctng texts."

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thanks 5jj, I understand what you mean. I write almost every day to improve my English and I am not in hurry to get my editing done quickly. Would you recomend ny such paid services which are little cheaper as well? Thanks Gauri

Status
Not open for further replies.