Please go through inverted sentences with among,only by~ing and transformed sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Belows are original sentences and sentences I transformed. I tried to change setences form into other forms.
Please check whether these sentences are correct. And let me know which is good for spoken English in informal situation.

Original sentence1. Also among the speakers was the new American ambassador to Moscow.

Transformed sentence1.The new American ambassador was also among the speakers to Moscow.

Original sentence2.It is only by making organised crime less profitable that we can ever hope to remove it from our stress.
Transformed sentence2.We can ever hope to remove it from our streets only by making organised crime less profitable.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Original sentence1. Also among the speakers was the new American ambassador to Moscow.

Transformed sentence1.The new American ambassador to Moscow was also among the speakers.

Original sentence2.It is only by making organised crime less profitable that we can ever hope to remove it from our stress.
Transformed sentence2.We can [strike]ever[/strike] hope to remove organised crime from our streets only by making it less profitable.

Though I suggest he was the Ambassodor to Russia, a country, not Moscow, a city.

"Ever" doesn't make the translation to this construction. You need to use the noun first, and the pronoun later.

Status
Not open for further replies.