• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Word of "isolate"

Hi,
    Is it a proper way to use "isolate" in the sentences below? I wanted to use it to express considering something separately.
    Are they awkarwd to native ears? Could you please give me a possible corection?Thanks a lot.
    Eg:1. We concerned less on the other aspects except cost, we had to isolate this issue and tried to find a effective way to reduce the cost to meet our budget.
    2. We should not be deceived by the surface; although almost all the negotiation have been going well, the detail of co-work supplier has been being vague. We have to isolate it to make a further discussion in the future negotiation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Word of "isolate"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_000 View Post
    Hi,
    Is it a proper way to use "isolate" used properly in the sentences below? I wanted to use it to express considering something separately.

Are they awkarwd awkward to native ears? Could you please give me a possible correction? Thanks a lot.

Eg:1. We concerned ourselves less on with the other aspects except and concentrated on cost. We had to isolate this issue and tried/try to find a effective way to reduce the cost to meet our budget.

2. We should not be deceived by the surface; although almost all the negotiations have been going well, the detail of co-work supplier has been being vague (I don't know what the underlined part means). We have to isolate it to make a for further discussion in the future negotiations.
    I have made some changes to your sentences. I prefer the use of "isolate" in the first example than the second. With the second, I would use something like "We will need to discuss that issue on its own in future negotiations."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Thanks a lot for clearing my confusion.
    I tried to creat complicated sentences and include more information in them so that I could practice English more. Thanks for spending your time in correcting mistakes. I have been mistaking the usage of "concern". Even though I always checked them in the google translation and the results were usually acceptable, I did not know how to properly use this word.
    Regarding the underline parts in the second sentence, they should be detail information for co-working supplier has been being vague.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_000 View Post
    Regarding the underline parts in the second sentence, they should be "detail information for co-working supplier has been being vague".
    Regarding the underlined parts, you have simply repeated what you said in your first post. I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now. I don't know what "detail information" means, or what a "co-working supplier" is. In addition "has been being", whilst just about possible in some rare constructions, is not appropriate here.

If you can explain the terms "detail information" and "co-working supplier" we might be able to help further.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Please excuse my poor English.
    I used "detail information" to express "a comprehensive information/material on sth. Or a fully introduction on sth. Or an elaboration for sth detail."
    I used "Co-working supplier" to express "a supplier who is going to work with you in doing sth. , or will assist you to finish sth."
    In the second sentence, I wanted to express that "we knew little about the third part supplier who would probably work with us. And it would remain vague if we did not individually clear it up in the future negotiation." (An assumption background: we negotiated with B company on a new project and we needed a supplier to assist us to finish part of our project. Therefore, B company recommended a supplier to work with us, but we know little about this company and we want to know whether this company is qualified or there was some risk)
    I used the tense of present perfect continuous ("has been being") to emphasize that it was likely to be continuing.