Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hello everyone.
I´m a new member and I need your help. Could you please review my one page essay about the above mentioned topic "Why I want to study International Business" and give me some tipps and point out my mistakes.
Thank you in advance.

The first song I learned to sing in English was “Old McDonald had a farm” and this song reflects my thoughts on International Business quite good. There are different cultures, languages, religions, customs and manners under one roof and you have to find the right way of talking and be aware of the cultural differences to communicate with each other to receive the best results in negotiations and to build strong and long living business relations.

As the child of a German father with French background and a Turkish mother, who ran their own tourism office together, I have always known that my career would find its place at an international company.

I grew up in Turkey and because of my parents job I came in contact with people from all over the world, which influenced my career aspiration considerably. When I moved to Germany at the age of 13 I barely spoke German that was, of course, a huge obstacle for me to overcome, in order to be able to adapt myself to my new home country. It has not been easy I got bad grades, I struggled because I could not understand everything, I was afraid of making mistakes and being laughed at, but I learned, with enough ambition and a lot of hard work, you can achieve everything.

What really confirmed my wish to study International Business was the Berufskolleg Fremdsprachen while attending the school I was able to extend my knowledge of English, as Business English was a large part of the syllabus. I had to write inquiries, orders, complaints and reminders. Moreover I got an insight into the subjects of documents and methods of payment in foreign trade. Furthermore I had the opportunity to obtain basic knowledge of Spanish and Business Spanish.

Not only my personal interest but also the changes in the job market are an important factor for my decision to study International Business. More and more companies attach great importance to soft skills like good command of languages and cross cultural awareness, as the globalization brought the world and the world of business closer together.

I started studying International Business Communication at Hochschule AKAD last year but I quickly realized it was a bad decision since I want to communicate with fellow students and the university lecturers and be able to be in the middle of the life of a student. Those things are almost impossible if you are attending a correspondence course.

The graduation from Business School would be an excellent start for my future career as I want to work abroad after I get my degree eventually back in Turkey or the United States of America.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Why I want to study International Business

Hello everyone.
I´m a new member and I need your help. Could you please review my one page essay about the above mentioned topic "Why I want to study International Business" and give me some [STRIKE]tipps[/STRIKE] tips and point out my mistakes?
Thank you in advance.

The first song I learned to sing in English was “Old McDonald had a farm” and this song reflects my thoughts on International Business quite good. There are different cultures, languages, religions, customs and manners under one roof and you have to find the right way of talking and be aware of the cultural differences to communicate with each other to receive the best results in negotiations and to build strong and [STRIKE]long living[/STRIKE] long-lasting business relations.

As [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a child of a German father with French background and a Turkish mother, who ran their own tourism office together, I have always known that my career would find its place at an international company.

I grew up in Turkey and because of my parents job I came in contact with people from all over the world, which influenced my career aspiration considerably. When I moved to Germany at the age of 13 I barely spoke German that was, of course, a huge obstacle for me to overcome, in order to be able to adapt myself to my new home country. It [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] had not been easy; I got bad grades, I struggled because I could not understand everything, I was afraid of making mistakes and being laughed at, but I learned, with enough ambition and a lot of hard work, you can achieve everything.

What really confirmed my wish to study International Business was the Berufskolleg Fremdsprachen Vocational College Foreign Languages. [STRIKE]while[/STRIKE] While attending the school I was able to extend my knowledge of English, as Business English was a large part of the syllabus. I had to write inquiries, orders, complaints and reminders. Moreover I got an insight into the subjects of documents and methods of payment in foreign trade. Furthermore I had the opportunity to obtain basic knowledge of Spanish and Business Spanish.

Not only my personal interest but also the changes in the job market are [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] important [STRIKE]factor[/STRIKE] factors for my decision to study International Business. More and more companies attach great importance to soft skills (Or: social skills) like good command of languages and cross-cultural awareness, as the globalization brought the world and the world of business closer together.

I started studying International Business Communication at Hochschule AKAD last year but I quickly realized it was a bad decision since I want to communicate with fellow students and the university lecturers. and be able to be in the middle of the life of a student . Those things are almost impossible if you are attending a correspondence course. (Or: Now, in the middle of my student life I would be able to apply my communication skills, but there is no opportunity at all in the correspondence course.)

The graduation from Business School would be an excellent start for my future career as I want to work abroad after I get my degree eventually (Do you mean: maybe?) back in Turkey or the United States of America.

februar, no teacher

Mete

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Thank you so much for your help februar.
I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.