Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: anorak

    • Join Date: Jun 2003
    • Posts: 495


    1. especially BrE a short coat with a HOOD that
    keeps out the wind and rain
    2. BrE informal a boring person who is interested
    in the unimportant details of a particular subject
    and does not know how to behave properly in social
    I wonder what are the American equivalents.
    About 2.
    Is this understanding correct?
    'Nerd' is used both in the UK and US.
    Thank you.

  1. Editor,
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 60,704

    Re: anorak

    It's correct- you can also call an anorak a trainspotter in the UK.

    • Join Date: Jun 2003
    • Posts: 495

    Re: anorak

    Thank you very much, tdol.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts