Results 1 to 4 of 4
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Oct 2011
    • Posts: 60
    #1

    made/make

    Okay, here's the thing. I made a bike with 2 lighters.

    Should I say..

    I made/make it with 2 lighters.

  1. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,590
    #2

    Re: made/make

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmin92 View Post
    Okay, here's the thing. I made a bike with 2 lighters.

    Should I say..

    I made/make it with 2 lighters.
    Do you mean 2 lights? As the making is in the past, which do you think is correct?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Oct 2011
    • Posts: 60
    #3

    Re: made/make

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Do you mean 2 lights? As the making is in the past, which do you think is correct?
    The lighter which you are going to use it for cigarette. I used parts of lighters to make the bike.
    I think made is the correct answer. Since the bike is already done by me. I made a bike with 2 lighters.(done making bike with parts of lighters.) I made a funny video for my friends.(the video is already done) I'm making a funny video for my friends(making in process) I going to make a funny video for my friends( I haven't started to make a video yet)

    Am I right?

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,590
    #4

    Re: made/make

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmin92 View Post
    The lighter which you are going to use it for cigarette. I used parts of lighters to make the bike.
    I think made is the correct answer. Since the bike is already done by me. I made a bike with 2 lighters.(done making bike with parts of lighters.) I made a funny video for my friends.(the video is already done) I'm making a funny video for my friends(making in process) I'm going to make a funny video for my friends( I haven't started to make a video yet)

    Am I right?
    .

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] I shouldn't wonder if you didn't make/made
    By suprunp in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-Feb-2012, 12:00
  2. make or made
    By atabitaraf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2011, 00:56
  3. make or made
    By mikan96 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-Oct-2008, 20:22
  4. make/made
    By peter123 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2008, 20:12
  5. could not make it or could not have made it?
    By yppah in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-Dec-2006, 11:27

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •