English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hi, I am working on a course assignment and I need some help. It says:

You have provided your pre-intermediate class with plenty of speaking and writing practice. However, your class of 15 adults is always asking you for more grammar. At first you were unhappy about this and told them that learning to speak the language did not just involve learning grammar. However, they have continued to ask for more grammar. How can you best deal with this situation? Provide no less than 200 words.

The obvious answer seems to be ''give them more grammar''. However, that doesn't take 200 words and somehow I feel that might be wrong. I have no teacher experience to rely on and I would really welcome some help. Thank you!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to th forum, Shi Aina. :hi:

We like to help when we can, but it is forum poicy not to help with homework assignments. Your trainers/tutors/supervisors want your ideas, not ours.

Try discussing it with your fellow trainees/students. If you really have no idea at all, ask your trainer for some pointers.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The obvious answer seems to be ''give them more grammar''. However, that doesn't take 200 words and somehow I feel that might be wrong.

If that is your answer, then you could back it up by justifying your case, which would allow your tutors to see your reasoning and get closer to 200 words.

Shi Aina

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Okay. Thanks for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.