Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello my friends,

could a native speaker proofread the following text? Thanks a lot.

Waawe

The University XY

confers

Prof. Mike Brown

born on February 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], 1940

the honored title

DOCTOR HONORIS CAUSA
in the field of fine Arts

for achievements in the development of fine art and graphic design at an international scale.

The proposal submitted by the Dean of the Faculty of Art and Design was discussed and approved by the Scientific Council *of the Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in _______________ on March 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], 2000.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Here are some preliminary suggestions. Others may have better ideas.
The University of XY or XY University

confers on/upon

Professor Mike Brown

born on February 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], 1940 (I would not include this, unless it is the custom in your country)

the honored title ( don't like 'honored', but can't think of a more appropriate word, Perhaps someone else will help) I think it's a degree rather than a title.

DOCTOR HONORIS CAUSA
in the field of [STRIKE]f[/STRIKE] Fine Arts

for achievements in the development of fine art and graphic design at/on an international scale.

The proposal submitted by the Dean of the Faculty of Art and Design was discussed and approved by the Scientific Council *of the Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in _______________ on March 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], 2000.

You might also Consider something like

By Virtue of/In Accordance with the Regulations/Charter of the University and on the Recommendation of the Dean of the Faculty of Art and design as approved by the University Scientific (Science?) Council,

The Senate/Trustees/Council of the University of XY do hereby confer the title of

Doctor (honoris causa)

on/upon

Professor Mike Brown

for achievements in the development of fine art and graphic design at/on an international scale.

In witness whereof we the undersigned have affixed to this degree our several signatures and the Common Seal of the University

Dated Ústí nad Labem this
thirtieth day ofMay in the year
two thousand and twelve

Waawe

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Awesome, thank you a zillion!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

Waawe

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Im just exhilarated by the fact someone is willing to help withou looking for a benefit. Bravo!!!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Im just exhilarated by the fact someone is willing to help withou looking for a benefit. Bravo!!!
That is one of the things https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ is about. We are all here because we are interested in the English language and/or in the teaching/learning of it. Our 'benefits' include the satisfaction of (1) helping others, and (2) learning something new almost every time we sign in. The order of #1 and #2 may be reversed for some people. That is not important. We are free to give or take. Many of us gain by doing both.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
... Our 'benefits' include the satisfaction of (1) helping others, and (2) learning something new almost every time we sign in. The order of #1 and #2 may be reversed for some people. That is not important. We are free to give or take. Many of us gain by doing both.
:up: I have my doubts about teachers who think they have nothing to learn. ;-)

b

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
... Our 'benefits' include the satisfaction of (1) helping others, and (2) learning something new almost every time we sign in. The order of #1 and #2 may be reversed for some people. That is not important. We are free to give or take. Many of us gain by doing both.
:up: I have my doubts about teachers who think they have nothing to learn. ;-)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.