Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello,

Could you proofread my translation, please?

‘Hello, this is me, honey. I have to leave on an urgent business trip. Please get me some spare clothes for about a week time. I will be home soon so don’t lock the door. Kiss you’.
‘Alright. I will do it don’t worry. Are you going alone or with someone else?’
‘Alone. I can't talk now. See you soon.’
Lucy started to pack up her husband’s clothes. She was doing it very slowly, to the touch, that’s why Edward called her in advance. She had a poor eyesight and was almost blind. A few years ago, while looking for a book on a bookshelf she climbed a stair, but her foot slipped suddenly from the stair step and she fell to the floor. The height of the fall was not serious, but she hit her head heavily. The doctor congratulated her on staying alive, as for her eyesight it was possible to restore it by means of surgery.
The operation was delayed. After the fall she started to suffer from hypertension and thus was constantly on clonidine. She was afraid to undergo a surgery and doctors didn’t insist as operating on a hypertensive patient was always risky.
Lusy was going through a course of medical treatment for hypertension and was feeling fine. Edward helped her in everything, but when he was away one of their neighbors would stay with Lucy until Edward’s return. She wasn’t wearing glasses as they weren’t of much help. With glasses or without them she still saw things vaguely. For that reason Edward asked her not to lock the door, otherwise his business trip could have been delayed for quite a long time.

Thanks

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

Could you proofread my translation, please?

‘Hello, this is me, honey. I have to leave on an urgent business trip. Please get me some spare clothes for about a week . I will be home soon so don’t lock the door. Kiss you’.
‘Alright. I will do it don’t worry. Are you going alone or with someone else?’
‘Alone. I can't talk now. See you soon.’
Lucy started to pack up her husband’s clothes. She was doing it very slowly, to the touch, that’s why Edward called her in advance. She had poor eyesight and was almost blind. A few years ago, while looking for a book on a bookshelf she climbed stairs, but her foot slipped suddenly from the stair step and she fell to the floor. The height of the fall was not serious, but she hit her head heavily. The doctor congratulated her on staying alive, as for her eyesight it was possible to restore it by means of surgery.
The operation was delayed. After the fall she started to suffer from hypertension and thus was constantly on clonidine. She was afraid to undergo surgery and doctors didn’t insist as operating on a hypertensive patient was always risky.
Lucy was going through a course of medical treatment for hypertension and was feeling fine. Edward helped her in everything, but when he was away one of their neighbors would stay with Lucy until Edward’s return. She wasn’t wearing glasses as they weren’t of much help. With glasses or without them she still saw things vaguely. For that reason Edward asked her not to lock the door, otherwise his business trip could have been delayed for quite a long time.

Thanks

Another "Excellent". My strike feature is not working for some reason and I deleted some words. So, check the paragraph carefully. :up:

b.

Last edited:

sondra

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Thank you very much :) :) :).