Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello,

I would be grateful if you corrected my translation.

Lucy collected all his belongings necessary for the trip and was waiting for Edward to come. She made a cup of coffee for him. He loved her coffee very much. With a cup of coffee in her hands she walked into the sitting room. She felt at once that there was somebody in the room.
‘Are you home already, honey? I have packed your things up like you asked me to do and made a cup of your favorite coffee.’
Lucy came closer to him and handed him the cup.
‘Drink it, honey. Call me as soon as you get there.’
‘I , I….’
He tried to say something, but he dropped the cup and fell to the floor.
‘What’s the matter with you, Edward?’
Lucy couldn’t understand what had happened. He was lying on the floor, he was dead. She was confused and didn’t know what to do. There was no one around except for her and her husband. They lived in an inner neighborhood and their only neighbor who often came around was away for a few days visiting her daughter. Lucy was absolutely alone there. She couldn’t dial an emergency number, nor could she find her glasses. Then she finally ordered a doctor. The doctor said that Edward died of a heart attack.
‘But my husband had never had heart problems.’

The doctor started to explain to her in detail what a heart attack was. Of course Lucy wasn’t able to understand anything. She was thinking about her life without Edward.

Thanks

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No corrections needed. Excellent.:up: But I don't recommend drinking Lucy's coffee.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.