Is it okay to put comma(,) after "In the end"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Is the sentence still okay if I put comma(,) after "In the end"?

In the end only three points separated the two teams.(original sentence)

->In the end, only three points separated the two teams.(okay?)

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
NOT A TEACHER

I would say that it is not OK without the comma and that you should always put a comma after "in the end" in sentences like that.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
NOT A TEACHER

I would say that it is not OK without the comma and that you should always put a comma after "in the end" in sentences like that.

Thank you CarloSsS. Would you give me more explanation about when should I put comma or not put comma?
If there's any grammar rule for this. I'd be really glad to know something more.

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Thank you CarloSsS. Would you give me more explanation about when should I put comma or not put comma?
If there's any grammar rule for this. I'd be really glad to know something more.

NOT A TEACHER
You are welcome. Using commas in English is too complex a topic to explain it here. I suggest you buy a textbook that explains the usage of commas in English sentences (or maybe just google it). There are some rules, but sometimes the usage of comma is not mandatory and it is up to the writer to decide whether or not they want to use a comma.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
NOT A TEACHER
You are welcome. Using commas in English is too complex a topic to explain it here. I suggest you buy a textbook that explains the usage of commas in English sentences (or maybe just google it). There are some rules, but sometimes the usage of comma is not mandatory and it is up to the writer to decide whether or not they want to use a comma.

Hey!! (^ー^)ノ
I found really good site for understanding usage of comma. If you are also interested in usage of comma, click the url below.

Rules for Comma Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.