What's the meaning of "getting prep-walked" please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi
I came across it in a series. The couple was talking about how they had been thrown out of Disney Land because of having lewd behavior, then she said :"We got prep-walked down main street USA". Could you kindly help me with the meaning of the underlined part.
Thanks a lot.

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
I came across it in a series. The couple was talking about how they had been thrown out of Disney Land because of having lewd behavior, then she said :"We got prep-walked down main street USA". Could you kindly help me with the meaning of the underlined part.

The term is "perp-walked".
It refers to the way that police will often walk a perpetrator (someone who has carried out a crime) or suspected perpetrator, through a public space (soon after arrest, for example), sometimes with the perp's arms held behind their back or their wrists handcuffed.

not a teacher

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

The term is "perp-walked".

It refers to the way that police will often walk a perpetrator (someone who has carried out a crime) or suspected perpetrator, through a public space (soon after arrest, for example), sometimes with the perp's arms held behind their back or their wrists handcuffed.

not a teacher

Oops! :oops: Yep! perp not prep! Thanks. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.