Dear Teachers and Native English Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamma Ray

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I am looking for conceptually dense materials in order to improve my reading skills and overall comprehension. For example, I read "The Economist" print edition, research articles from PNAS.org, but it seems that is not enough for me.

Could you recommend me on-line resources?

Waiting for your advises.

Cheers,

Sergei a.k.a. Gamma Ray

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am looking for conceptually dense materials in order to improve my reading skills and overall comprehension. For example, I read "The Economist" print edition, research articles from PNAS.org, but it seems that is not enough for me.

Could you recommend [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] any [STRIKE]on-line[/STRIKE] online resources?

Waiting for your [STRIKE]advises.[/STRIKE] advice.

Cheers,

Sergei a.k.a. Gamma Ray

It really depends on your interests. There's not much point reading books, magazines or articles on a subject you have no interest in just because they are complicated. You won't enjoy them, and learning and reading should be enjoyable.

I made a couple of slight amendments to your post in red.

Gamma Ray

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Thank you my friend for your corrections. As long one's lives as long one's learns.

Gamma Ray

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Thank you my friend for your corrections. As long one's live as long one's learn.
It really depends on your interests. There's not much point reading books, magazines or articles on a subject you have no interest in just because they are complicated. You won't enjoy them, and learning and reading should be enjoyable.

I made a couple of slight amendments to your post in red.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you, my friend, for your corrections. [STRIKE]As long one's alive, as long one's learn.[/STRIKE]

I got the gist of your final sentence but the construction was incorrect. There are a few ways of saying it:

As long as one is alive, one can learn.
We should never stop learning, as long as we live.
You learn something new every day.

The easiest way though (in BrE at least) is: Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.