Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Everybody gets stressed from time to time. Different people feel stress in different ways. Some ways of dealing with stress--like screaming or hitting someone--don't solve much. But other ways, like talking to someone you trust, can lead you to solving your problem or at least feeling better.

I think the underlined "feel" doesn't fit in here, since "feel" and "deal with" are not in the same meaning.

Am I right?

thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Everybody gets stressed from time to time. Different people feel stress in different ways. Some ways of dealing with stress--like screaming or hitting someone--don't solve much. But other ways, like talking to someone you trust, can lead you to solving your problem or at least feeling better.

I think the underlined "feel" doesn't fit in here, since "feel" and "deal with" [STRIKE]are not in[/STRIKE] do not have the same meaning.

Am I right?

Thanks!

They don't need to mean the same thing. One sentence simply states that people feel (experience) stress in different ways and the next sentence goes on to talk about how people deal with that stress.

Last edited:

jasonlulu_2000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thanks for your help! But I think "Different people feel stress in different ways." Then the author describes different ways of dealing with stress, like "some ways...other ways...." Therefore, they should have some connection.

Am I right?

Thanks anyway!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The connection is that the whole piece is about stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.