Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
[h=2]Forums- The Joy[/h]

Our site reached its tenth birthday this year. Technology has changed a lot over that time, but the basics of forums have remained, and are still the best thing going for me on the site. When I was doing my MA, learner-driven was a buzzword, but forums are all that. And more besides. The simple act of communicating works.

Click here to read the full article

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Congratulations.

It's a tremendous achievement to start something like this and to keep it going for so long. For thoe who don't look at the statistics on the forums page, there have been 154,631 threads and 864,693 posts so far!

Long may it continue. :cheers:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Long may it continue. :cheers:

I hope so. And as all we have to do is open the page and see what others have done, I think so. ;-)

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I've been here for almost two years and there may have been no two years in my life in which I learned more English. It's not just that I can ask a question when I don't understand something. I don't even do it that often. It's the questions others ask and I'd never think of them otherwise. In trying to answer them, I've learned a gigantic amount of English. It's a fantastic format! I love the way moderation is done here. Almost nothing gets deleted, which is great because often a badly asked question gets interesting answers. All sorts of questions are allowed, which is not the case on other similar forums. And the games are fun too! It was a great idea to have a special place for that -- that forum is thriving. I could go on!

Adam Viner

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Much appreciated ! I have learned a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.