Student or Learner
Could someone pleeeeease check out my resume and give me any feedback on it. Your help is much appreciated.
- home address
- MOBILE NUMBER
- email ADDRESSES
I have approximately five years of experience in working with children. Having obtained my Certificate III in children’s services and gained valuable experience in my family day care, I am now looking to use and expand on the skills and knowledge I have gained as a Qualified Childcare Worker.
- 2012- *Currently completing Diploma in early childhood education at KAL training
May- Certificate of attendance to child abuse workshop
- August 2011- Asthma management certificate
July - First Aid certificate
- 2010- Certificate III in early childhood education at New futures Training
August- Food safety certificate
June- Anaphylaxis certificate
- 2009- Certificate II in childcare services at Banksia S.C
-Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning at Preston girls S.C
- 2007-Certificate I in vocational preparation
RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- 2012- Current Family Day care owner/Room leader
February - Morobe street children’s centre (70 hrs. of work placement)
- October 2010- Kinder heaven childcare assistance
May- Eltham child care cooperative (120 hrs. work placement)
March- Voluntary work at Exodus community OSHC
- April 2009- Gower street kindergarten (100 hrs. work placement)
- June 2008- Preston neighbourhood house Occasional childcare (2 weeks Work Placement)
- Helped children with daily routines such as nappy changing, toileting, dressing, eating and sleeping.
- Assist the team leader with the recording of children’s activities and daily routines.
- Assist the supervisor as required in setting up and attending to the needs of children.
- Responsible to and work under the direction of a supervisor who is regularly present in the room.
- Prepared play and learning materials and set up the children's environment.
- Supervised children's play, making sure of their physical safety at all times.
- Guided children's behaviour and social development
- Prepared healthy snacks and meals.
- Assist with the indoor and outdoor supervision of the children.
- Attend to physical needs of the children.
- Set up and pack away indoor and outdoor environments at the centre.
- Observed and recorded children's growth, behaviour and development, and discussed with parents.
Relevant qualities & skills
- Deep ability to communicate effectively in Arabic and English, both orally and in writing.
- Highly experienced with children from 0 to 8 years
- Strong ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Exceptional knowledge of play, reading, and quiet-time activities for children.
- In-depth child supervision skills.
- Great ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Excellent ability to provide basic nutrition and hygiene services for infants and young children.
- Deep understanding of a safe environment for children.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnerships with families.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development in the early childhood profession.
Personal qualities and skills
- Patient and dedicated
- Holds pride in integrity and honesty
- Empathy towards others
- Friendly and respectful
- Hard working & energetic
- Reliable and motivated to work
- Has a sense of humour
- Feeling of connection with children
- Want and Like to be with children
- 2009-Housing week scholarship- in recognition of commitment to ongoing education
- 2008-VCAL challenge competition, second prize
Hobbies and interests
- Interested in children’s development stages & child rearing
- Creative Arts and crafts
- Yoga and Sports
- Babysitting for family and friends
Referees: Available upon Request.