Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Please would you tell me if these sentences are correct and if I need the article with the word "fictional reality" in this kind of sentences.

1. It took him years to understand that he was living in fictional reality.
2. The media are not primarily interested in the truth but making profit and creating fictional reality.
3. Even today it is difficult do differentiate the truth from fictional reality.

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Please, would someone help me with this question and tell me where I have made mistakes.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Hello.:-D
I'm not sure about the meaning of "fictional reality". So...I'm afraid I can't help you.:cry:
What is it?

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please would you tell me if these sentences are correct and if I need the article with the word "fictional reality" in this kind of sentences.

1. It took him years to understand that he was living in fictional reality. :-? I'd use 'a', See what others think.
2. The media are not primarily interested in the truth but [add 'in' for paralellism, but not many people care!] making profit and creating fictional reality. :tick:
3. Even today it is difficult [STRIKE]d[/STRIKE]to differentiate the truth from fictional reality.:tick: (apart from the obvious typo)

b

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'd use "a" in #1 as well.