Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Please Help me Correct as many errors as you can find :
According wether we are male or femail, young or old, ocasional or reguler road-users, evry one of us has distictly personel views the habits of other kinds of drivers. men thinks woman cant drive, lorry drivers regard car drivers such as lunatics, while no one over thrity years off age thinks anyone under thrity should be aloud on road at all.

Statitics show that Britians safest moterists are those between fourty– five and fifty-four year’s old, they are having offen more pracitise and experiance and have became more cautous. drivers afe under twenty-four are five times more than likely to be involvd in a crash The figutes also reveel that women drivers cause very fewer accidants then there male couneparts and less likley to brake the law. Britians eleven million women drivers are accounting for lease than ten per cent of all their traffic offenses, even including relativly miner ones like the illegal parking and obstruction. Male drivers on the other hand where responsible for he fast mejority of moving traffic offeses which occurred during the last twelv months.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please Help me Correct as many errors as you can find :
According wether we are male or femail, young or old, ocasional or reguler road-users, evry one of us has distictly personel views the habits of other kinds of drivers. men thinks woman cant drive, lorry drivers regard car drivers such as lunatics, while no one over thrity years off age thinks anyone under thrity should be aloud on road at all.

Statitics show that Britians safest moterists are those between fourty– five and fifty-four year’s old, they are having offen more pracitise and experiance and have became more cautous. drivers afe under twenty-four are five times more than likely to be involvd in a crash The figutes also reveel that women drivers cause very fewer accidants then there male couneparts and less likley to brake the law. Britians eleven million women drivers are accounting for lease than ten per cent of all their traffic offenses, even including relativly miner ones like the illegal parking and obstruction. Male drivers on the other hand where responsible for he fast mejority of moving traffic offeses which occurred during the last twelv months.
I suspect that this is another homework assignment, shi.shi.

shi.shi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you dear,

All those 4 posts I've just sent you were actually of a test I'd taken in June 25, 2012.
I truly got 37 out of 60. My teacher did not provide me the answer key to see what the correct answers are and she just quoted my score. That's all.

Now I do not really know what my errors/mistakes are.

OK, I can provide you my own answers in '' Blue Color'' all in a post.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I can't speak for anyone else, but if you do as you suggested and mark in blue each word you think is an error, I will be happy to take a look at it.

shi.shi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Correction - My Answers

According to whether we are male or female, young or old and(must be added) occasional or regular road-users, every one of us has distinctly personal views about the habits of other kinds of drivers. Men thinks ( s must be omitted) woman can’t drive, lorry drivers regard car drivers such ( must be omitted) as lunatics, while no one over thirty years off ( ''of'' is correct) age thinks anyone under thirty should be aloud on road at all.

Statistics shows that Britain’s safest motorists are those between forty– five and fifty-four year’s (years) old, they are having often more practice and experience and have became more cautious. Drivers are (SHOULD BE OMITTED) under twenty-four are five times more than (SHOULD BE OMITTED) likely to be involved in a crash. The figures also revealed that women drivers cause very fewer accidents than their male counterparts and less likely to break the law. Britain’s eleven million women drivers are accounting for lease than ten per cent of all their traffic offenses, even including relatively minor ones like the illegal parking and obstruction. Male drivers on the other hand were responsible for the fast majority of moving traffic offenses which occurred during the last twelve months.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
OK. I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Correction - My Answers

[STRIKE]According to[/STRIKE] Regardless of whether we are male or female, young or old and(must be added) occasional or regular road-users, every one of us has distinctly personal views about the habits of other kinds of drivers. Men thinks ( s must be omitted) woman can’t drive, lorry drivers regard car drivers such ( must be omitted) as lunatics, while no one over thirty years off ( ''of'' is correct) age thinks anyone under thirty should be [STRIKE]aloud[/STRIKE] allowed on the road at all.

Statistics [STRIKE]shows[/STRIKE] show that Britain’s safest motorists are those between forty–five and fifty-four year’s (years) old, they are [STRIKE]having[/STRIKE] often more practiced and experienced and have became more cautious. Drivers are (SHOULD BE OMITTED) under twenty-four are five times more than (SHOULD BE OMITTED) likely to be involved in a crash. The figures also reveal[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] that women drivers cause [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] far fewer accidents than their male counterparts and are less likely to break the law. Britain’s eleven million women drivers [STRIKE]are accounting[/STRIKE] account for [STRIKE]lease[/STRIKE] less than ten per cent of all [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] traffic offenses, [STRIKE]even[/STRIKE] including relatively minor ones like [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] illegal parking and obstruction. Male drivers on the other hand [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] are responsible for the [STRIKE]fast[/STRIKE] vast majority of moving traffic offenses which occurred during the last twelve months.

See above. I have made amendments - some strikethroughs and some additions in red.

shi.shi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: Correction - My Answers

Many Thanks,

I've got dejected considering my answers and my level of proficiency. :(