[Grammar] gerund between two commas. ( comma+gerund+comma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Hello. I found some information about gerund inside two commas and made some sentences a while ago. But I'm not sure if I did correctly beause there was no answer. Please go over these sentences whether it's grammatical.

1.He stood in the place, noticing the leaking water, not doing anyting wating for plumber at a loss.
2.He clogged the hole , noticing the leaking water, to prevent water from gushing out.
3.He made a lot of effort, noticing the leaking water, to prevent pipe from bursting.

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello. I found some information about gerund inside two commas and made some sentences a while ago. But I'm not sure if I did correctly beause there was no answer. Please go over these sentences whether it's grammatical.

1.He stood in the place, noticing the leaking water, not doing anyting wating for plumber at a loss.
2.He clogged the hole , noticing the leaking water, to prevent water from gushing out.
3.He made a lot of effort, noticing the leaking water, to prevent pipe from bursting.

After noticing the leaking water, he did nothing but stand in place, at a loss, waiting for a plumber. (I hope he at least called the plumber!)

He plugged the hole, preventing the water from gushing out, when he noticed the leak.

Since a leak will relieve pressure, there's little danger of a burst pipe as a result of a leak. He went to a lot of effort, after noticing the leaking water, to make sure the floors weren't ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.